Look like you’ve slept 8 hours, in 90 seconds.
Updated with product links to make this fool proof.
- The Body Shop Eye Cream with Vitamin E (helps reduce appearance of find lines, puffiness and dark circles.
- An eye shadow that is lighter than your skin. Use a brush to apply. It’s okay to apply on top of eye cream.
- Bare Minerals pressed veil or powder with SPF. Think of it as non-greasy sunblock.
- Blistex Lip Vibrance with SPF 15: Adds a natural color, contains a small mirror for touch ups.
- An ouchless Elastic for ponytails.
- Head band
- A pencil case, to keep the supplies easily handy. If you don’t have time to sleep, you don’t have time to look for your make up!
WHY THIS WORKS
The Body Shop Eye Cream with Vitamin E: This product can be hard to find at the Body Shop. On many occasions you’ll find it sold out. Ulta now carries it, so you might have more luck there. The cream adds a reflective barrier on the skin, giving the illusion your under eye is a uniform skin color. Furthermore it reduces appearance of find lines, puffiness and dark circles. As a person who suffers from allergies, this has been my go to remedy for eradicating puffiness. This lotion is best applied by dabbing from the outside of the eye and working your way towards your nose. Apply both over and below the eye.
BEAUTY TIP: To further decrease swelling, use your fingers to tap around your eye orbit, starting from the outside of your eye brow, then working your way down and around the eye, again towards your nose. This helps move the fluid that gives the appearance of puffy/ swollen lids. By tapping, the liquid that’s been sitting on your eyes all night moves faster out of your system. You’ll know you’ve tapped correctly if you feel your nose start to run (about 30 seconds). If you don’t have time to do this before you leave the house, it’s the perfect activity to do while waiting for the signal light to turn green.
- An eye shadow 1-2 shades lighter than your skin: Using a shadow a shade or two lighter than your skin will give the appearance of larger, brighter eyes. Also, using one shade evens skin tone and makes application a breeze. Simply cover all areas between your upper eye lashes to your inner and out brow, so there’s no need to fret about eye shadow placement. Plus, with a subtle color like this, mess ups won’t be noticeable.
BEAUTY TIP: Also add shadow to the inner corner of your eye up to your brow. Your eyes will pop and glimmer!
- It’s okay to apply on top of eye cream, in fact I find the shadow stays even better when applied after the eye cream.
Bare Minerals pressed veil or powder with SPF: Most sun screen leaves an oily sheen on the skin. This natural product will absorb oil throughout the day and protect your skin from aging sun damage. For a natural look use the veil only. For coverage, use a tinted powder. Unlike the loose powder form that leaves a mess and requires a brush, the compact form can fit your back pocket and no brush is required. In San Diego overcast days can fast become sunny, so I always have some screen protection handy. In fact, I keep this in the glove compartment of my car so I have it any time I leave my house. Think of it as non-greasy sunblock.
Blistex Lip Vibrance with SPF 15: Exhaustion and illness can take the pigment from your skin faster than acetone removes polish. If you look ghostly or have a cold, a coat of Vibrance is a must. If you haven’t time to sleep, maybe you haven’t time to hydrate. Dehydration leads to chapped lips. This lip balms adds a neutral rosy sheen, making lips look rosy and chap free. It contains a small mirror on the cap for touch ups.
- An Elastic and headband. As evident in my before picture, getting a brush through my tangles is as difficult and painful as walking through a cactus forest. The elastic is a quick solution.
- The headband helps create the illusion of having an oval face shape. An oval face shape is considered the “most pleasing”. Further, the headband placement can also bring attention to cheek bones.
- A pencil case: Put your drab to fab supplies in a pencil case or similar container next to a mirror. It is important to keep the supplies easily handy. If you don’t have time to sleep, you don’t have time to look for your make up!